KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER
Do You Know Your Farmer? – Part 1
Most of the time, it is emotion not logic that drives our purchasing decisions. So, we’ve identified the four most powerful emotional drivers that lead farmers to make decisions about their operation, especially when it comes to fungicides.
- Easier Life – Farming can be tough, and a fungicide application shouldn’t add to the farmer’s stress. When it comes to choosing a fungicide, farmers want one that:
- Has an easy application, by ground or air, putting them in control of the process, removing barriers to use from existing products available today.
- Works quickly, especially one that starts working for them before they even leave the field.
- Works all season long so there’s more time spent with family and less time spent worrying about what might be happening in the field.
- Security – Farmers want to be confident day and night knowing their fungicide:
- Is protecting their most important investment in land and machinery by contributing positively to bottom line revenue.
- Offers long-term security by allowing them to set themselves, and future generations, up for success, including the most forgotten but important asset – their production history.
- Takes the gamble out of using fungicides by delivering the best chance of success against application mishaps and the weather.
- Financial Gain – Farmers want to invest in a fungicide that:
- Improves the efficiency of harvest.
- Increases production value and quality of their harvested crops.
- Enables them to get better outputs for their inputs and get access to new land as their operation grows.
- Social Acceptance – Today’s farmers want to know the fungicide they’re using:
- Exceeds industry standards and supports their local retailer.
- Helps them maintain a reputation for being a good steward of the land, making their fields stand out from the crowd at 55 mph.
- Is among the first to contain the newest and most advanced formulation available on the market.
Understanding what influences farmers’ purchasing behavior and how you can use your knowledge and experience to best advise them is key. That’s what we’re here for. Try using these talking points as your resource for how to improve your fungicide sales, use these articles as reference materials and share your own sales experiences with us.